Welcome. My name is Will Burns and I have been a fan of professional wrestling for over 30 years. I’ve truly seen it all… or after 30 years… I think I have. Over the past five years or so, I really fell out of love with the majority of modern wrestling and in my opinion, a huge part of the business died when we lost Extreme Championship Wrestling and World Championship Wrestling in 2001.
I still get through a few hours of newer footage every week but my life revolves around professional wrestling’s past. I spend countless hours per week watching the hundreds and thousands of hours of video footage that I have acquired through the years of being a fan. Whether its old TV shows, pay-per-view mega-events, house shows, compilation videos, shoot interviews, documentaries – I watch it all.
So similar to ProjectWCW.com, I will take a chronological look starting from 1980 until 2001.
Throughout this journey, you will see us provide (and this list is not exhaustive…)
- Monthly reviews of all the results and happenings (in the ring and backstage) for all the promotions involved in our project.
- From 1983 – as above but weekly reviews.
- Feature articles – taking you behind the scenes and using books, autobiographies, thousands of hours of interviews and documentaries to give you the real story outside the ring.
- Capture all the title histories and title defences.
- Profiles of wrestlers, managers, bookers, important people, promotions, venues with each having their own digital trading card to collect.
- An in-depth look at business, ratings, ticket sales to action figures, t-shirts, other merchandise and much, much more.
I feel I have great things planned to help you follow me on this journey, over the years I have upskilled in web design, graphic design, digital marketing, sports writing and journalism. I aim to use all these skills throughout the duration of our story.
Thanks for reading and come with me on this magical journey, we have thousands of stories to tell, I’m sure you don’t mind that you already know the conclusion to our voyage…